5.13.2014

Asked

I randomly get asked by people who don't know. "Well, are y'all going to have any more kids?" For the past seven months I would just nervous-laugh and change the subject. Tonight was the first time I answered the question honestly.

It was a girl from high school Matt and I both knew and were talking to at the playground while all of our boys played together (she has 3). She asked. And for the first time, I answered.

"Well, I had a miscarriage in October. We have been trying since, but it's been seven months, so I don't know. But it did take 13 months to get pregnant with Levi, and 10 or 11 to get pregnant with Noah, so it may just take us a while."

And then I looked up. She didn't realize the significance of this moment. And I don't even remember what she said. But I had talked about it, and not teared up. So much was left unsaid, but I said something.

There has been a lot more that has happened since the miscarriage, hardships that have just come up. And our future third child that I can feel and hear calling out for us is no where close. But I know they are there, and some way, God will bring them to us.

So we wait...

2 comments:

maryanne challies helms said...

Betty, I have been praying for you! I know these have been challenging and disappointing months. xo.

D.R. said...

it helps to be honest. healing somehow. waiting.... and praying with you. xoxo